When we start to sunbathe for the first time we should start using sunscreen with Aloe Vera with the highest protection factor and gradually reduce it as our skin takes on a natural tan.
Our skin is an organ as important as it is delicate, so taking care of it should be a priority in our daily routine. External agents such as pollution, makeup, or the sun weaken its natural protection and deteriorate it, so we must protect it continuously.
The sun’s rays are beneficial for our body but taken in excess can be harmful. Our skin has memory and accumulates the damage caused by solar radiation, if we neglect protection, in addition to premature aging, spots, and wrinkles, we can develop skin cancer.
So that our skin and the rest of our body do not suffer from the contraindications of excess sun, we can take a series of precautions such as using aloe vera to protect ourselves from solar radiation.
That is why I am going to teach you how to make your sunscreen with aloe vera.
This homemade sunscreen will prevent the painful burns that the sun can cause on your skin. Burns that make you avoid the slightest friction and how annoying it is to have your clothes on.
We recommend you read: Aloe Vera For Sunburn: Does It Work, Discover Now!
Why Sunscreen is Used?
Among the things that cannot be missing when we go to the beach or the pool are: sunglasses, swimsuit, towels, and no matter how dark we are, we can never forget a sunscreen that helps us protect the skin from the effects of the sun.
The mission of sunscreens is to act as sun blockers. A barrier for UVB and UVA rays, which are emitted by the sun and which damage the skin when we spend a lot of time in the sun. Although it is also important to know that the sun provides vitamin D to the body, so you do not have to avoid it continuously.
Whenever we go to sunbathe, it is advisable to use sunscreen, regardless of how long we are going to be exposed and how dark we are. Since it will help us prevent premature aging of the skin and reduce the risk of contracting skin cancer.
Also do not forget that every time you get out of the water, you must put on sunscreen again since it will have been lost during the bath.
How To Choose Your Sunscreen?
The right sun product must meet certain objective standards, but also take into account the individual needs of each skin. Generally speaking, a good sunscreen should:
- Protect from all ultraviolet radiation ( UVA and UVB rays)
- Be photostable, so don’t change with sunlight
- Resist water
- Be easy to apply and pleasant
- Respect the natural pH of the skin
- Prefer a natural base and be free of allergens, parabens, perfumes or silicones
While among the subjective factors to take into consideration when choosing a sunscreen are:
- Skin phototype, especially people with very light skin or those with particular sensitivities, should contact their dermatologist when choosing a sunscreen.
- Age: Children and the elderly need to use higher sunscreen.
- Location: a higher altitude requires more powerful sun protection, the same thing if you approach the equator where the intensity of the sun becomes more dangerous. Particularly humid areas also require special sunscreen, as increased sweating decreases the effectiveness of the sunscreen.
- Duration and time of exposure, trying to avoid the hottest hours from 12 to 16.
Main Properties Of Sunscreen With Aloe Vera
Aloe vera (Aloe Barbadensis Miller) is an extraordinary plant for its many benefits for our body. Not only as natural sun cream for our body and our skin.
Aloe vera has been used for centuries for its healing effects, it contains vitamins A, group B, C, mucilage, minerals, oils, and amino acids. For these benefits to be effective, the product we use must contain at least 90% aloe vera gel.
Among its medicinal and cosmetic properties we can find:
- Anti-inflammatory. When we suffer a burn it reduces inflammation and pain.
- Regenerating. It favors the regeneration of skin cells and internal tissues.
- Antibacterial. It is capable of eliminating fungi and viruses.
- Moisturizing. It is recommended to use it after shaving or waxing.
- Painkiller It is effective in relieving the itchiness caused by insect bites and irritations.
- Digestive It is beneficial for treating digestive problems such as gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux, constipation, and ulcerative colitis.
- Healing. In addition to preventing them from appearing, it is useful to blur those we already have.
- Improves circulation. Calms tired legs and is good for varicose veins.
- Purifying. Due to its detoxifying effect, it helps eliminate toxins.
- Satiating So it is ideal in slimming diets.
Sunscreen With Aloe Vera For a Natural Tan
The sun is necessary for the human being since it intervenes in the synthesis of vitamin D that is necessary for the bones, favors the recovery of some diseases, and improves our mood. However, we must take precautions because excess sunlight can be our enemies, one way to take care of ourselves is by using sunscreen with aloe vera.
The sun emits various types of rays that, when reaching the surface of the earth, living beings receive different types of radiation: ultraviolet A (UVA), ultraviolet B (UVB), ultraviolet C (UVC), infrared rays and visible light.
- UVA rays are the long wave, so they reach the deepest layers of the skin, they are what causes premature aging and increase the chances of having melanoma.
- UVB rays are short-wave, they stay in the most superficial layers of the skin, they are the culprits of burning our skin and they are responsible for skin cancer.
- UVC rays are short waves, they are the most dangerous but they do not reach the earth’s surface and remain in the atmosphere.
- Infrared rays are what heat us up and also affect skin aging.
To avoid the negative effects that solar radiation has on our body, we must take a series of precautions:
- In summer we must stay away from the sun from 12 to 16 hours, which is the period of maximum ultraviolet radiation.
- In the snow, aloe extract should also be used as a sunscreen since it reflects up to 85% of the sun’s rays.
- If we are going to be exposed to the sun we must wear clothing that covers us, this must be light colors. Do not forget to protect areas such as the head and cover it with hats.
- Wear sunglasses to protect our eyes that are also sensitive to solar radiation and can suffer burns.
How To Make a Sunscreen With Aloe Vera?
I am going to give you the recipe for a homemade sunscreen with aloe vera that will help you take care of your skin and protect you from the sun’s rays.
We recommend you read: How To Make Aloe Vera Moisturizer?
- 1 ¼ cup of coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil.
- 5 teaspoons of pure zinc oxide
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 3 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- 1 teaspoon of a non-citrus essential oil
- Distilled water
- The oil, the zinc oxide, and the beeswax are heated in a water bath until the latter melts.
- It is removed from the heat and the vitamin E, the grapefruit seed extract, and the essential oil are added.
- We take another container and heat some distilled water and the aloe vera gel, without boiling, just warm.
- Now we put the contents of the two containers together, let it harden a little and that’s it.
Now you no longer have any excuse to sunbathe naturally. Remember that controlled exposure to the sun is recommended because it provides us with Vitamin D to the body. Do not leave without sharing this sunscreen with aloe vera with your friends on social networks.
We hope you have made clear all information about sunscreen with Aloe Vera. but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment down below. We will be delighted.